Infant Massage Course
Time & Location
About the Event
Infant Massage Course For parents with babies 3-8 months old
A five-session course that covers the baby massage programme established by the International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM). Parents will learn a sequence of massage strokes (a blend of Indian and Swedish techniques) that gradually build up to a full-body routine.
The wonderfully comprehensive curriculum includes:
- the IAIM massage routine
- a colic routine
- a series of gentle movements
- touch relaxation, and some soothing techniques as parents enjoy a focused time with their baby
- Learn how to soothe your baby, relieve tummy upsets, understand your baby's non-verbal language, and much more
- Pressure, rate, rhythm, the length of the massage, respect, bonding, why babies cry, babies’ body language, relaxation, and neurological development are some of the skills and topics you will learn. Experience and joy and benefits that infant massage has to offer!
Sunday, 9 AM to 10 AM
Duration: 5 weekly classes, 60 minutes each
Price: $350 per parent & child pair, inclusive of a bottle of massage oil
Max 6 parents and babies in a group
Aletheia is a Certified Infant Massage Instructor with the International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM), after training with Sylvie Hétu in London, UK. As a neuroscientist, she weaves between the brain, mind, body, and self. She feels strongly about good health, authentic connections, and safe spaces.
Aletheia is an early childhood consultant in developmental sciences and education. She supports parents, caregivers, educators and children through classes, workshops, trainings and consultations. She holds a DPhil in Physiology, Anatomy, and Genetics from the University of Oxford, and a Masters in Psychology from the National University of Singapore.
She is also a Resources for Infant Educarers® (RIE®) Intern™ for supervised teaching and evaluation of Magda Gerber’s Educaring® Approach. She passionately believes that children who enjoy respectful excellent care, and the freedom to be, learn how to thrive in the world.
- Infant Massage Course$350$3500$0